Recently you might have conventional a text message from short code ‘8484’, a short code used by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority that you essential to register your cellular devices before October 20th, after that your devices will get blocked.
As indicated by an order delivered by the PTA, mobile users currently need to enroll their cellular gadgets with the authority before October 20 to save away from blockage.
PTA has pushed a validation outline called ‘Device Identification, Registration and Blocking System’ (DIRBS). The framework is gone for assuring a hard development of cell phone ecosystem in Pakistan and it will guarantee use of legal gadgets on the mobile networks.
What is IMEI number?
IMEI number is a sole code given to your mobile phone alike to a vehicle ID number. If blocked you can’t use your cellular device to access any mobile network in Pakistan and your phone won’t be talented to make or receive any calls.
How to check IMEI number?
IMEI number which can be check by any of the methods:
- Method 1: Dial *#06# on your mobile.
- Method 2: Click to ‘Settings ‘and ‘About Phone ‘section of your mobiles.
- Method 3: It is also published on your mobile phone’s box.
- Method 4: If your phone has a detachable battery, remove back cover and battery to find the IMEI number.
How to register phone with PTA:
There are three ways a user can record the device.
Method 1: Via SMS by sending the IMEI number to 8484
When you send the message to 8484 you will receive one of the following messages:
- IMEI is compliant Device IMEI is Valid. Insert SIM and make a call/SMS to anyone on or before 20/10/18 date for auto registration.
- Device IMEI is non-compliant. Please insert all your SIMs in this device and use them before 20/10/18 date to continue using this device.
- Device IMEI is blocked. Reported stolen.
Method 2: Through PTA website
- Click on this URL on your phone’s screen https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/
- Enter your 15 digits IMEI Number in the required field.
Method 3: PTA mobile application
- Download PTA app from Play Store by ticking the following link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pk.gov.dirbs.dvspublic
- Install the App on your device, Open the App once installed and then follow the guileless instructions to enter your IMEI Number.
PTA, for the sympathetic of users, has explained the next steps to be taken in case your IMEI number is not valid.